Thursday, August 12, 2004

"I signed with a dream agent. "

I can hardly believe I'm writing this, but yesterday, I signed with a dream agent.

I have no doubt that my querying success is, in a huge part, thanks to your blog.

I read the archives and rewrote my query about a dozen times. When I sent it out, I ended up with requests for five partials, eight fulls, and ultimately, three offers of representation. One agent loved the manuscript so much, they offered to fly over several states to meet me and discuss the work.

This is not the first time I've written a query with the Shark's help, but it is the first time I actually put the work into reading the archives and revising. It makes all the difference.

If we ever cross paths one day, I definitely owe you a drink.

Thank you again.

No comments: