Thursday, January 1, 2004

"just reading through your advice has helped me"

Even though I haven't submitted anything to you yet, I still want to say THANK YOU! Honestly, your blog has been extremely helpful to a newbie like me. I knew about query letters, thought I knew how to write one, even wrote one, but after reading a few entries I went and looked at what I wrote. I cringed and shuddered and trashed it. If it hadn't been for your blog, I'd probably have sent that catastrophe out and wondered why agents weren't interested. If just reading through your advice has helped me that much, I can only image the improvement I'd have if you critiqued my query letter when I finally figure out what to write.

I hope you keep on ripping and tearing (figuratively) up query letters. It IS appreciated. Thanks again!

2 comments:

Rachel6 said...

Amen, Chum!
I discovered this amazing blog two days ago, and I've already read every entry written to date. I've also compiled a list: "Things I did not know and need to apply."

Thank you, Ms. Reid, for enriching my life and improving my writing.

E.Z. Eckler said...

I agree wholeheartedly with Rachel6. I chugged my way through the entire blog nearly a year ago and still check it regularly for new queries. My thanks to the Query Shark for providing this invaluable resource!